Talkie

Monday, March 21, 2011

I'm Signing Off!

Wow! What a year! I don't even know where to start! Being Miss Moses Lake's Outstanding Teen has definitely changed my life. Throughout this year, I have gained interview skills, confidence and so many new friends. I can honestly say that before the pageant, I only had about ten FaceBook friends and look at me now! My year was full of amazing experiences. I did everything from appearing at Easter Egg hunts and baseball games to Zumba marathons and the Miss Washington's Outstanding Teen State program. State for me was so much fun and nerve racking! I don't think I have ever been so nervous than the time I made top ten, then top five and lastly fourth runner up! But best of all, during that experience, I made so many amazing new friendships.

I know that I would not have made it through this year without my many supporters. Thank you Angela, Tiarnna, Margaret, Janice and Lydia, for setting up countless interviews, giving great advice and keeping me in line. Kris for setting up appearances, helping me get through the past year and always pumping up my confidence before I walk into a room. Heidi, Brittney and Susan for preparing me for State an giving me positive role models to look up to. Julie Waites and Ashley for making me look gorgeous in every picture you ever took of me. Deb Murphy for giving up your own free time to prepare me for interview, I could never have had the confidence I do now without the help from you. Maddie Bergeson for choreographing my clogging solo and Danielle Andre for cleaning it up, working on my poise and walking in heels! Vickie and Caitlynn for your amazing advice and support and also thank you for sharing your beautiful jewelry. Hanna, I could not have asked for a better little sister. You were by my side at every appearance and such a trooper considering the fact that you don't like hairspray! Kortni, for asking me to come help out at your many functions, I always have such a fun time, your support really means a lot to me. The ALS foundation for asking me to speak at the annual "Walk to Defeat ALS" and also letting me promote ALS as my platform. Uncle Mark, thank you so much for letting me be Co-Captain of Team Betty and for helping me so much with my platform. I know Aunt Betty is proud of our work. Lastly my family. Dad, thank you for your endless support and I promise that I will wear every dress, outfit and piece of jewelry over and over again. Danny, you always kept me laughing and don't worry, I tell everyone that you taught me everything I know when it comes to dancing. Lindsay, you are one of my biggest supporters. You give me amazing advice, tell me when I am not looking so hot and I know I can count on you to be in the front row of anything I do cheering the loudest. Mom, I definitely know that I could not be here today without your help. You always made sure I was where I needed to be and looking my best. This experience has brought me so much closer to you and I am thankful for that. I love you all so much.

I would like to end my year with wishing the best of luck to the next outstanding teen. I know your year is going to be full of amazing stories and experiences like mine was. Thank you again everyone, and thank you Moses Lake for letting me represent you. This is one year I will never forget.

The wonderful group of women that helped get me through the year...Margaret, Janice, Kris, Angela and Tiarnna
My beautiful Crown ring
Opening number with my "Little Sister" Hanna! Final Moments!
On Stage Questions
Solo Clogging Number
Final Walk
Crowning the next Miss Moses Lake Outstanding Teen Ciarra Garza!!
(and my best friend!)
The next Miss Moses Lake Audrey Ramsden!

It's been a WONDERFUL ride!

2 comments:

  1. You have done an outstanding job this year McKenna!!! Thank you to both you and your mother for everything you have done to further our program. We have been truly blessed to have you as our title holder this past year!!!!!

    ReplyDelete